Tuesday, September 9, 2014

5 Simple Things To Shred Your Job Search In Half Guaranteed





I'm going to shoot you straight, and get to the point right now. Job searching is not the rocket science, that so many make it out to be. It's not as complicated as Brain surgery. Nor, is it even, really as complicated as taking your spouse out jewelry shopping!

Why do I say this? Have you been jewelry shopping lately?  The experience is a wonderful crash course in the way the world is, and works.  My wife and I were on a Alaskan  cruise,  we got off in Juno and walked around; and ventured into a jewelry store. The place was clean, and well lit. I enjoyed being in the store because I had the chance to meet this awesome  sales woman.  

She smiled and asked where we were from. Complemented my wife's necklace. And she informed us that she had a beautiful ring in the store that would go with it like the ..."Diamonds are a girls best friend. ."

I didn't mind being sold. After all, Life is selling, and being sold. Besides she (the sales woman)  had one of the greatest openings I've ever heard for closing the deal that I've used hundreds of times since then. She said, with a smile on her face. "This is the right ring for you to get, because, if you want to save money and get more value for your hard earned dollar. This is the one!" I love sales.  And I really love a good and attentive sales person.  

And, this is why I get so irritated with (talking heads) all over the place telling us. "Companies are looking for top graduates, Smart people. "

(SIDE NOTE)  I love education myself, I have nothing against higher learning.  In fact,  I've made it a discipline of mine to never stop learning. Over the last 8 years, I've read on average 41 books per year. Basically that's 8x41 books =328 Thats more books than any Ph.d program in the world. 
So i'm certainly not against "brains" 

But, I want to point out a simple fact. Or, better yet, Ill let cereal business mogal, Grant Cardone do it. He has been on CNN, Fox News,  Fox business. as a economic advisor and business strategist. He says ... "Never once, have I ever been asked by any Network producer what was my grade point average in high school or college. No, they care about one thing. What are you going to say to our viewers? "

Come to think about it, never in my company's 15 year history have I ever been asked by a client, customer, or any deal made, "what was my grade point average?" No. All they care about is, am I component and disciplined enough to make things happen? And see them all the way through? When even I go to hire people, they all seem to want to just flood my desk with resumes, boasting their academic highlights. I don't care about any of that! I care about Leadership, Vision,  Passion,  Loyalty, and my bottom line. 

Which brings me to leadership

Rules of Making Yourself a Better Leader
As you’re working to make yourself better, remember these three rules:

Rule #1 It doesn’t matter where you came from. It only matters where you are going. Don’t worry about any past opportunities that you may have missed or any mistakes you may have made because of a weakness. That is all past. It is the future that counts. Just because you haven’t been a leader before doesn’t mean you cant become one.

Rule #2 If you want your life to get better, you have to get better. If you want to be an effective leader, then you need to develop your leadership qualities. Work on developing any quality that you think you need whether it is integrity, patience, or delegation, until you have perfected it, then move on and practice another.

Rule #3 You can learn anything that you want to learn. You can become anything you want to become. Leaders know what they want, and then set out about making it happen.

How to Become a Better Leader
Effective leaders are always looking to improve themselves. In four basic steps, you can begin to improve and become a better leader right now:

4) Do more of certain things. Do more of those things that are of greater value to you and more important to achieving results as a leader.

Resolve today to do more reading, or to work on improving on the leadership qualities you may be missing.

5) Do less of certain things. At the same time, you must deliberately decide to reduce the amount of time you spend on certain activities that impede your success as a leader.



David Conigliaro Is A Business Strategist Who's Focus Is Helping Business Owners, And Sales People Increase Their Sales, By Proven Philosophical Tactics and Strategy www.DavidConigliaro.com


   

No comments:

Post a Comment