Monday, September 15, 2014

The Attractive Businessman: A Guide On How To Text Your Client'sPersuasively

 The Attractive Businessman: A Free Report Guide For How To Text Your Clients  Persuasively.





As you know, there are quite a few ways to reach out to current and potential customers. But, some are far more efficient and cost effective than others. While many businesses focus on things like advertisements in newspapers, on billboards, in on television and the radio, they miss out on one of the most popular mediums in the world. The Billions of people that have cell phones, and they take them wherever they go. 

If you want to personally reach your target audience, the best way to do that is through sms text message marketing!

In todays economy It doesn't make sense why companies still advertise on Television, and News papers.


 Maybe you have noticed with the rise of commercial opt out services like Netflix, Hulu, and many others, people are no longer are watching televised commercials. In fact they're paying to avoid ads all together. According the research, people between the ages of 18-29 even if the T.V is on are multi-tasking.

That's right. They have their phone in hand checking Facebook, Twitter, Emails, and yes Texting at the same time, while also having the T.V on. So the T.V is really just background noise. Unless, of course it's the Super Bowl, where people look forward to the one day per year that multimillion dollar Ads will be running. The rest of the 364 days per year most aren't paying attention to the commercials.

 It would seem like a waste of money for a business, spending it on T.V spots when hardly anyone is listening and watching. And don't get me started on News paper ads. 

Why? Hardly anyone is picking up News papers anymore. (Except for coupon clipping on Sunday's) And, even out of the small percentage of people who are still picking up a copy of a paper; the percentage that even looks beyond the headlines at ads has to be below 5% readership. So either way, spending money on ads in the news paper is dated. This is the old way of advertising. And nobody thinks this is the future of advertising. 

 Texting on the other hand, is unique. It's a fresh new method for reaching target specific buyers and sellers Immediately. And it's free to do from your own phone. Or you can hire a texting company. Like club texting, or ezTexting although I don't recommend doing that if you're just starting this type of marketing since you can't control the tempo of the conversation and adapt to customer exchanges and so forth. 


The psychology of buying
    

Every decision a person makes for buying a product or service, is more often than not based on emotion; not logic. We make buying decisions on the time for emotional reasons. We are emotionally charged buyers from eating what we eat, to where we eat, to phones we buy. Do we even really "Need" a Phone or is it we simply "want" a phone? 

And, if you're being honest; this goes for the majority, if not all the products and services you offer to your clients and customer as well. Does anyone need a HD Flat screen? Of course not. Does anyone need high speed internet? No. How about a  Brand new Lexus? For thousands of years people seemed to have survived just fine with all those mentioned.



Before Steve Jobs came up with the first IPhone, he was in a very hostile cell phone market to compete with. Everyone told Apple, "Don't make a phone! .. There's too much competition! This will be the end of your company Steve!"... Well, they did have a small point. After all, Apple was going head to head with Sprint, Nokia, and with Samsung on the rise. So  they might have had a point. But Steve Jobs never listened to nay-Sayers. He was a visionary. 

Like most visionaries, they don't listen to that pack. For to them, the pack-is-the-pack of followers.  For Steve Jobs, he said that.. I wanted to design a phone so sexy, that people would want to lick the buttons on it."  And as you know history was on Apple's side.

Chances are if you're reading this report, you're not a huge corporation. Even though the points in this could work for a large company. This is mostly written for small business, and medium size companies, and sales people attempting to have a better relationship with their clients and customers.



 Steve Jobs from Apple didn't invent the text message. But they did make texting easier, simple, and automatic for the customer. You don't have to reinvent the wheel either.

 A couple things you need to know about texting your customers and clients!

 First, Some people will choose to opt out from receiving any more texts about your offers. Depending on the law where you live you will have to bare this in mind and comply. In this report I will go over a game plan for avoiding this to keep it above the 90% success rate.

 So, we will discuss text messaging in the following grading scale. This is the subjective grading scale I have come up with for sending a text message to your customers and clients.

  Text grading scale
1) So-So text  2)Good text  3) Great text   

Here is an example of a so-so text message and why. 


Pizza Company: 

"Come in for a free slice of Pizza Tuesday from 5pm-7pm" txt opt out to stop receiving txts.

It's so-so because it's not relational. One thing we know about people is that we are relational. We like the sense of connection. Here is a better text. Category "good"  

Pizza Company:

"Hi there, don't be a stranger! We have a free slice of pizza on Tuesday evening. 5-7pm" opt out to stop receiving texts.

This is better but they're still running the risk of having 20% or more opting out from receiving any more texts from them. Here's the "great" way to text and communicate the same message.

Pizza company:

"I have a free slice of Pizza for you on Tues from 5-7pm! You could opt out on this but why make your tummy go hungry? :)"

The last text message is much better because it's humorous, not pushy, but most importantly it offers something people want. 

Here's another one that I use personally. And, it works like a charm when I'm talking with a client/customer that I've already met.


Me: Premium Services  

"Hi crazy lady, What kind of trouble are you causing this week? :)" David Conigliaro

The reason this opener is so effective is due to its charm. And believe me, It works like a charm.
A weaker opener would have been.. "Hi, What's up? We miss you. Text me. David Conigliaro"

This is a terrible opener that comes across clingy, desperate, and self-focused. It sounds like I could care less about them. And, with an opening like that I might have added. "Hi, What's up? We miss you. And, by the way, that's your fault. David Conigliaro

You don't want to come across self-focused. If you have made mistakes like this in the past, it's not the end of the world. Let me give you a following example.

Premium Services: 

"Hi Jack, I haven't seen you in a while. Wanted to follow up with you. Call me: David Conigliaro."

Now, this isn't terrible. But, It fails to meet the grade in other areas. By saying.."...I haven't seen you in a while." This can be misunderstood by Jack, as "Why are you avoiding me?" 

This is precisely what we want to avoid here. After I didn't hear back from Jack for a day. I wrote the following text to him. "The reason I text you earlier is that, I really enjoyed our last talk about boating. You seem to know your stuff about boats. Hope you're well. David"

I dug myself out of a hole with the second text I sent. In order to have done this with our customer, I had to recall to my memory my last engaging conversation with Jack, and hope, it would do the trick. Thankfully it worked. The opening of your text is everything.  This brings me to a third point.  

Note Taking!

Pick yourself up a spiral notebook. They only cost around a dollar at Wal-Mart. Even though I enjoy using gadgets like computers, Ipads, smart phones etc. Nothing has produced more fruit than writing ink to paper. It enables me to recall things to my mind much faster. And it allows me to dig myself out of a hole much faster too. As we had seen earlier with Jack. Here's an example of note taking that I might use.

Sept. 13th. Client: Jack Cruise. Topic of conversation:

Fishing boats: Jack had said he has owned 2 boats in his life but, was looking to upgrade to a 30 footer due to it handling much better in rougher waters. He has a daughter age 16 and son age 19. He is 3 years away from retiring. And his home will be paid off in 2018 

This is valuable information. Because, I can now talk about raising teenagers with Jack. I can discuss mortgages, and housing options with him. I can also discuss future ideals with him. E.G Life after retirement. There are many avenues I can go down with Jack in texting him now. I can't stress how important note taking is. This one thing of writing notes down only takes me 2 minutes. But is worth thousands of dollars. 

Here is a good illustration of how note taking could work out here with Jack.  Text: "Jack, I wanted to see if I could get some advice from you about retirement. Since you're a little closer than I am buddy smile. Do you have 5 minutes today?"

Now Jack is going to be happy to give me advice about retirement. And, he's going to feel honored and respected that I had thought highly enough of him to ask. Plus, he's going to give me more information that I can put in my notes. The key here is to always be listening for problems that your customer has. Then you can offer solutions for him or her. And yes you'll benefit greatly, all from simply taking notes.

I have made hundreds of thousands of dollars over the years using text messaging. But, it was through smart text messaging. You can too! 

Here's another text message. That's just So-So

T-Mobile:

"Dear customer, your bill is coming due. You can access your account @ my T-Mobile"

This might actually be a terrible text message not just so-so. It almost comes across insulting. It might as well have just as easily read.. "Hey customer, you owe us money and you should go to our website and pay up ASAP"

It amazes me that companies that engage customers like this are still in business.

A better message would have been.


T-Mobile:

Dear David, I'm sure you're very busy, We have several new benefits for you.  If you have a minute in your week please check out My T-Mobile.com.

With this type of text. It makes one more inclined to take a look at their site.

Here's another.

Real-estate ad:

"Mr. Jones, I found a single family home in a nice part of town you'll be interested in. We need to strike while the irons hot. Hurry b4 it's off the market."

I'm not a fan of "Hurry, Hurry, ads especially when we are talking about moving into a new home. Fact is, during a persons lifetime they move into a new place less than 11 times in their life time. So this is a very big deal to the client. And it should be treated as such.

Better text message would be. 

Real-estate: 

"Hi, Mr. Jones. I think I found the perfect home for you. I think you'll love the price as well. I checked it out. It's beautiful and ready for your next move." 

That is a much better text message. And it still communicates the urgency. 

Here's another text opener.


Red-box DVD rental machine:

"This month get all your favorite movie rentals 50% off"

This is a great ad because it communicates that all your favorite movies are in their machine and I can get each for around 50cents each! 

Here is another great text that my wife received from 7 Eleven.

"7-11 Offers: Check out this offer, but only if you like things that are delicious, free and satisfy your hunger."

Well done 7-11. That's a great text.

I hope you enjoyed this Free Report. I trust this information will be useful for your text engagements. 

If you found this free report useful and you would like to increase your success in business please subscribe. I promise never to sell your email information. It's safe. I also promise not to bother you with meaninglessness. 

I know you will love our website. 

      







Be sure to check out my latest articles on "The benefits of small talk." 

www.DavidConigliaro.com                       
     





  



             

  


No comments:

Post a Comment