Wednesday, August 12, 2015

5 Responses To The Rebuttal: "Let Me Talk it Over With My Husband First!"

Rebuttals: Let Me Talk It Over With My Husband Or Wife!


This Happens To All Great Sales People At Some Time Or Another! 

                                                      david conigliaro: The Negotiation 


Some reasons why they want to talk to their husband:
1. They want to end the conversation (doubt it)
2. They want to put the responsibility of the decision on someone else
3. They have a "spending" agreement with their spouse
4. They want more time to think about it (this means they don't see the true value or are scared)
5. They want his buy-in or validation for making a good decision
6. Any combination of the above

                           PUT YOUR BUSINESS ON STEROIDS!


If in fact they do need to speak to their spouse, they will have to then become a sales-person for your offering and enroll their husband in the value and justify the price.

Do you want to leave them trying to figure this out or would you rather help them have that conversation?   My vote -You will want to prep them on having that conversation.
I would say something like this:
I am so glad you see the value in working together and that you realize you will be getting X, Y, & Z. I am curious when you say you need to speak to your husband what that might mean? Do you have a spending agreement with each other? Do you want his buy-in?
-OR-


1) I find that when people say that to me, it means one of many things (go through the above list) which one of these sounds like your situation? I would like to help you with that conversation so it’s easy for you.
Let them answer.

2) Find out exactly what they hope to gain by talking to their husband and then you will know what to do.
It you discover it is one of the numbers above, try this, match the numbered responses below to the numbers above. 
Now you have some ways to overcome this objection and strengthen your relationship with your customer at the same time.
3) It sounds like you want him to make your decision for you, is that what you need from him? If so, one of the first best steps you can take is to decide for yourself.  I know when I make my own decision, I feel empowered.  What else could I answer for you that would help you decide?
4) I respect the fact you both have a spending agreement with each other. You certainly have created a relationship of honor with each other and I admire that. Tell me what criteria you have chosen as a couple that has you both decide to make an investment like this? (this will give you lots of info and help you coach her on how to have that conversation)
5)  (If they really want more time to think about it, they don't yet see the true value or are afraid and their fear is coming up.) You and I both know this product or service is exactly what you have been looking for.  You said you wanted more of X.  Do you find yourself hesitating to make decisions that would give you what you want?  Is it your pattern to think too long about a decision that would dramatically impact your life? How can I support you in making the right choice? Would you like some testimonials?
 What I know to be true is that when women choose something that is in alignment for them and they share what's possible with their husband, he usually offers a hug and is proud of you for choosing on your own. How would it make you feel to do it on your own? I am here for you when you are ready to take that step.

david conigliaro VIDEOS 

No comments:

Post a Comment